Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Scared, I am!

Flying is definitely not in my list of 'things I like to do'. Fine, Travel Agency is one of my business but do I need to like flying to operate a Travel Agency? My answer is definitely a big no-no. However, sometimes, I am forced to take flight whenever I have to travel. Internationally, I have no choice (that is why I try to avoid traveling overseas as much as I can) but domestically, I will drive if I have the choice. I think, my problem is the fear of leaving my life on others hand. When I fly, like it or not, the pilot is in-charge. Not a single bit of my life is within my control. All depends on him/her. A simple silly small mistake, the stake is my life. I am not scared of death, but I pray to Allah that my moment of truth is after my children are all grown up (my son always tell me that the probability of a plane crash is like being strike by lightning twice at the same spot) But again, it is not an issue of death. It is more of a phobia. I am scared if someone drive me in a car. I am afraid of taking Express Coach to travel long journey. I am scared taking a cable car. I remember shaking in the gondola while taking a ride on Eye Of Malaysia. Because of this phobia, now I understand, why people say I am workaholic, perfectionist and other name with similar meaning. This is because I am scared leaving my business on other people's hand because my business is my life. I cannot allow people to maneuver my 'life' and I cannot have control or have less control of. Well, I know I am a complicated lot, but I guess, that is how I reach where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment