Thursday, December 04, 2008

Fly Firefly

Remember I told you that I am scared of flying? Few days ago I am again forced to fly to Kota Bharu due to the urgency of the work. If not, I would prefer to drive. I have heard of Firefly (tagline: your community carrier). It is a budget airline, similar to Air Asia. I have traveled on Air Asia before and the agony was unbearable. The way the pilot land the plane was moments I wished I never have to experience. The squeaking sound on board is terrifying. The arrogance of the steward and stewardess make you feel you are really a budget traveler, who can't afford Malaysia Airlines and the way they look at you with the look which says you-should-be-thankful-to-Air Asia-who-provide-you-with-affordable-plane-ticket, you know what I mean? The embarrassment of lining up like a juvenile and tolerating the rushing and uncivilised passenger to the plane, erghh... I can't take it.


But few days ago, I have another alternative - Firefly! A lot lot better alternative. They fly on their new fleet of European-made ATR-500s, flies at average 20,000 feet high and at the speed of 500km/hour. It was monsoon season with monstrous cumulonimbus clouds rolls along the journey but I can hardly feel any strong vibration and the journey was amazingly quiet.




It is only a 72 seater carrier which means you’ll receive more attention from their friendly crew. Yes, they are very friendly indeed. The staffs treat you like they need you more than you need them. No 'jeling-jeling taik kucing' kind of gestures, like the one you might experience with Air Asia. No mumbling at your back. You can see and feel the sincerity.

Maybe due to my young-at-heart personality, I feel so energetic and vibrant traveling on Firefly. The pipe in music plays 'So What - Pink' and 'When I Grow Up - Pussy Cat Dolls' kind of music, which suits me well. The cabin is cozy yet so spacious (nice normal Asian size - I said normal Asian size!) furbished with elegant leather seating, and oh... did I tell you that you will have an assigned seating upon check in so that you won't looked like a row of delinquent, waiting for punishment?


They serve you with juice and muffin - small matter but doesn't small matter counts most especially when comparisons are made? And the best part is, they fly from Subang, only 25 minutes drive from my house. Firefly is surely my favourite carrier after this.

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear that.. =)

    keep on supporting Firefly.. Your Community Airline..

    =FY Cabin Crew=

    ReplyDelete