Wednesday, December 17, 2008

President Bush close encounter with the size of 10.

I heard about the incident when I arrived in Alor Star airport on 16th morning. I have been crazily busy the day before that I don't have time even to eat, what more to watch TV. My friend, Rizal (MD, Prisma Holidays), who picked me up broke the news to me on our way to Kangar. At first I thought it was a minor thing. After completing our purpose, we went to see Wan Kharizal (Group GM, Kedah Agro Holdings). I saw the news in the news paper. Holy crap! The President of the United States? Being attacked? With shoes? An Iraqi's shoes? On television? And oh... not a shoe... but both left and right? (or...whatever the sequence it was...) I laughed at first, who wouldn't? That would be the biggest bloopers of American Funniest Home Video for centuries to come. But seconds after that, I realized, the act was a total insult, not only to President Bush, but also to the Americans as a whole. What an insult! It shouldn't happened. No one should be laughing about it. It was an act of an idiot. Fine, Bush deserves more than a pair of shoe, maybe a rusty colored slimy sputum of mucus from an acute tuberculosis sufferer, spat onto his face. In fact, Bush, being responsible for so many thousands of deaths and torture, should be hanged publicly. But would that solve our problem? The world will not be a safe place to stay if the people are full with hatred and violence. We don't need another Bush in this world, and we also don't need another Muntazer al Zaidi.



By the way, I am sure al Zaidi will go to prison and possibly worse, for throwing two non-lethal shoes, and missing. But Bush, responsible for so many thousands of deaths, will probably never serve a day in prison. I still am naive enough to hope, however, that he is charged, tried, and convicted of treason and war crimes. And if that happen, I promise, I won't celebrate, eventhough I won't be crying either.

No comments:

Post a Comment