Thursday, December 04, 2008

Recession they say.

Some times ago, I was having dinner with a group of entrepreneurs. We talked a lot about the possible recession we will be facing in the next few months. With (at that moment) a hike in fuel price, global political uncertainty, big institution financial crash, huge bail out by governments across the world, we thought recessions is inevitable.

Just now, while sitting quietly at a corner of my office, I was thinking, isn't this is the best opportunity to expand my business? It all make sense. Think about it for a moment. What do big companies do in recession? They retrench, cut back on advertising and on services, fire people, close divisions, withdraw product and so on. What does all that add up to? They abandon niches. These niches, I think, is a seedbeds for my growth. What I should do maybe is to listen to their mournful and sad stories. Maybe I should shed a tears or two for them. Then get up and go clobber them. I believe, right now is the best time since 1997 to grow my business. As a matter of fact, I started my business in 1998 when many big corporations cry fault. There might be more opportunities out there than we gonna find in the next 5 or 10 years. I will get moving, so I will come out of this mess larger than when I went in, insyaallah.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to Post a Comment The recession really isn't that bad if you know where to look. The bailout money is spilling over to us believe it or not. I've done research and found that there is more money than what you think...

    Bailout Spillover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, M, you are right. There is always opportunity in every crisis.

    ReplyDelete