Saturday, March 07, 2009

Trip to Jaipur

Ok, I have to play this psy-war again! I am scheduled to go to Jaipur on 10 April 2009. Not for vacation, it is a business trip. Everything has been confirmed. Flight ticket is confirmed. Hotel and ground transportation kaw-timmed. (its free, thanks to Federation of Chambers of Commerce, India). My friend in Jaipur, Rajendra Sharma, has pledged his readiness to take me anywhere I want to go - IF I MAKE IT THIS TIME! He knows my weakness, canceling my outstation trip (especially abroad) in the last minute. I have heavy baggage - who will send my 6 kids to school every morning, will Long went ponteng during my absence, what if he quarrel with Teh again and nobody will protect Teh, what happen if Ngah cannot sleep at night and nobody stays up with him, who will be at home when my wife send the elder kids for tuition, what if something bad happen at home while no adults around, who will membebel to the children if they don't do their homework, I am sure the house will be like a wrecked ship during my absence, who will pat-pat Anik to sleep, who will console DeDe if she is sad, can Kakak take care of herself, who will emphatised with the children's grouses, will they eat their lunch and dinner, will they brush their teeth every morning, who will tell Ngah to comb his hair, who will stop Teh from potato-couching, who will control Long's abuse of internet, who will make noise if the wet towels are laying all over the places, who will pump the clogged drain especially in the boy's toilet, my wife will wear that tight track bottom which I hate so much, who will remind the children to make their bed, and the list goes on. Not that I don't trust anyone but track record shows. It is like Accounting. It is historical basis. What happened in the past, you can project it to the future. I am an Accountant, don't blame me for taking my life as a Balance Sheet. It is a war, internally. I don't want to go but I have to go. To the last minute, wait and see, 'what' wins. It's the battle of the wits!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like really heavy baggage. You're the champ, P Lang! -AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB, curtain kat rumah dah hampir setahun tak tukar. That is because I did not say so!

    ReplyDelete