Monday, March 23, 2009

To my mum, on her 76th birthday.



Never Enough
(23 March 2009)

Many times I wanted to say thanks for all you've done,
but then they fly away as quickly as they come.

If I could tell you what's deep in my heart.
There are so many things where do I start?

Words could never explain how I feel about,
when even prayer is not enough, I seek from God

How could I possibly thank you enough, the one who makes me whole,
the one to whom I owe my life, the forming of my soul.

The one who makes such sacrifices to always put me first,
who lets me test my broken wings, no matter how it hurts.

Are there really any words for this, I find this question tough,
anything I want to say just doesn't seem enough.

What way is there to thank you for your heart, your sweat, your tears,
for many thousand things you've done for me, for oh so many years.

For changing with me as I changed, for accepting all my flaws,
not loving cause you had to, but loving just because.

For never giving up on me when your wits had reached its end,
for always being proud of me, for being my best friend.

Who paints the world a rainbow when it's filled with broken dreams,
for trusting in me, when to care no one had even seems

Look at me now, what I've become,
do you see yourself in me, the job I am blessed that you have done

Thank you for everything you do, the whole world can see
but thank you Mak most of all for believing in me.

Happy Birthday, Mak!

No comments:

Post a Comment