Thursday, January 08, 2009

Supplementary New Year Resolution

I just thought about it. A supplementary new year resolution is to be at home before 7.30 pm (its pm, not am) everyday. I will bring home my work. Emm... no, that will defeat the purpose. When I go back, I am not suppose to work at home. Ok, i will leave my laptop in the office. But wait... what happen if I need to attend to something very urgently, replying to urgent request, from Morocco for example, when their day is night here in Malaysia. Emmm.... ok, I can always browse through my mobile and see if anything urgent and reply from it. But wait, all data and information are in my laptop. If I don't have my laptop, i cannot do my work. And I am not supposed to work at home. Never mind, I just bring my laptop home and check my email from my mobile. ONLY if there is urgent need, then I switch on my laptop. But what if everyday I receive urgent email, like usual? That means I will be back home by 7.30pm, been checking my mails from my mobile, then switch my laptop to do the necessaries (that usually will take about 20 minutes) and reply to the mails. No no no. That won't happen. I am going to be at home everyday before 7.30pm, spend my time with my children, I am not going to check my mails so that I won't switch on my laptop, and I am not going back to the office before 9.00am the next morning. I am determined!

No comments:

Post a Comment