Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Ngah!

Today is Bang Ngah's birthday. He is today 15. I had kept his name - Ahmad Azharuddin Azhari few months before he was born. I remember, when he was born, he gave quiet a difficulties to the mother that I had to donor my blood. When he was small, he use to be very 'ketegaq'. I remember one day, I was so mad at him. He was only about 3 that time. I sent him out from the house (child abuse...hehe) but his reaction? He was just enjoying himself playing with shoes. Another day, we went to a relative house, he was sleeping in our van when we arrived. So, I left him inside, don't want to disturb him, with the door open. I parked right infront of the house and we were chatting just beside the van. When he woke up, he yelled and shouted. He threatened to burn the house down. He really made a scene. He simply will not listen to you. I (and all of us, including the Tok Ayah, Mak Tok, Tok Wan and Tok) was so concerned that he will grow up to become an uncontrollable temperamental person. One day, Apak went to see this wise religious guy, Cikgu Sulaiman, seeking his advise. Cikgu Sulaiman did his ritual (the Quran, the keris, the bowl with water, etc) and told us that Apak had made a 'nazar' (because of my wife difficulties while delivering Bang Ngah), if my wife gave birth safely, he will read a surah in the Quran - Yaasin. Immediately on returning home, Apak did just that - read the Yaasin. God is Great, not long after that, Bang Ngah is no more shouting and yelling without purpose. He turn out to be just like any other boy. Apak call him Yasin since then.

He was born with G6PD - a glucosade deficiency in his blood. But that doesn't make him a sick boy. He grow up well, to be such a handsome boy. In fact, we will feel something missing if he is not around. He is the joker of the family. He made jokes, intelligent jokes that sometimes I just feel he is too matured for his age. He even debating on issues with his Pak Ngah (who dares to debate with Pak Ngah?). Bang Ngah is also very responsible boy. He is very caring that sometimes I had to say it's ok to let someone down when we had done our very best to help.

Ngah, Papa love you very much. Happy Birthday, son!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Yasin! Abg Ajik always related your jokes & witty remarks to me. Think he misses you all very much...

    ReplyDelete