Thursday, April 16, 2009

Delhi, here I come

Finally, decision made. India, here I come again. Mat sent me to the airport after saying goodbye to my children. Sad to leave them but work requires me to make this trip. Reached KLIA at around 4.15pm and I proceed to self-check-in terminal. After handing over my luggage, together with Mat, we went to have the tarik at Chatterfield. Arrived back at KLIA at 5.20pm, ready for my departure at 6.20pm via MH190. However, flight was delayed until 7.10pm. I was already at boarding area when announcement was made (at 6.15pm!) What else to do, other than switch on to my laptop and replying emails.

The journey was a smooth one, but travelling with groups of Indians is a real challenge. They have their unique behavior that many might interpret as uncool. “Please put your seat upright and fasten your seatbelt” but you can see many will seems not hearing. While take off, someone will stand up and trying to get something from the overhead compartment, without ability to wait. A young couple seated a row in front of me pressed the assistance button, requesting for white wine when the plane’s engine is struggling pulling the aircraft upward. She is very important that her request must be attended whenever she feels like wanting something. After 40 minutes, food were served. I was seated at row 38A. The stewardess served food from front to back. After serving row 35, the stewardess move to row 36, then 37 then to my row. Just about to hand over my ration, the lady in row 36 pressed the assistance button. “Can I have another bun please” OMG! I haven’t got my ration and she is asking for another bun. But, emm, she said please.

It was a smooth journey, with a little turbulence every now and then. We were suppose to arrive Delhi at 10.20pm (Delhi time) but we made it at 11.00pm. Ting tong! “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. We have landed at Indra Gandhi International Airport bla…bla… You can only switch on your mobile phone once the seat belt light is switched off. Thank you for fl” The stewardess has not finished her announcement and you can hear kluk klak kluk klak everywhere, the sound of passengers unfasten their seat belt. Few moments later, toot toot and ta daa sounds is everywhere, the sound of handphone signal coming in! And the plane is still on taxi mode, moving slowly to the parking bay.

My friend, Khem was already at the arrival hall when I exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment