Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kakak!

Its Friday the 13th and it's Kakak's birthday. Happy Birthday, Kak. Similar to other birthdays in the family, we celebrate Kakak's birthday just among us - 8 of us, and Eight is Enough. Just the normal thing - a cake, singing crazy birthday songs, making fun of each other and taking family picture.



No present, no invitees. We don't do that. If it happened someone come to our house during that time, then we might have guess. If not, its just us. We just love being us. Tengoklah video kat bawah masa nyanyi birthday song untuk Kakak.



As I said, no present for the birthday boy/girl. I regularly give presents to my children, doesn't matter what day it was. But she got her's. Not from anyone of us, but from herself. That make it more special and valuable. She got an award from the school in the school's Anugrah Pelajar Cemerlang today.


Kakak is my first child born outside Perlis, 4th in the family. The name is a combination of my name and the mother's name - Amirah. I know my wife loves this name very much, she even wrote that name as her's in her namecard EVEN before we got married. My first daughter before she got another 2 younger sisters. A very caring kakak, she takes care of the sisters especially on the education side. A very well respected kakak among the siblings (even by the elder brothers). Quick and smart, active and sporting.

She is now a teenager. My daughter is a teenager now. I pray she can take care of herself, I know she would. This morning, I attended the award ceremony, very proud to see her walk on stage to receive her award. Tears drooling when I took picture of her. She holds the record in the family - 4 consecutive years walking on stage during Hari Anugrah Pelajar Cemerlang. She almost did it all by herself. After the ceremony, there is makan-makan. I just don't feel like eating (I seldom take early breakfast, so it's too early for me) so I waited outside the school compound. Few minutes later, she came and pulled me inside. She said "Jom lah Pa kita minum. Tak best lah takda Papa. Orang lain semua ada Papa, kakak aja tak da. Jom lah!" Don't worry, my princess. I am always your Papa and Papa will always be there for you. I love you, kangkung!

And tonight, Kak Uda will be going for her first Scout Camping. It's gonna be the first night ever we would not have DeDe with us. Have fun, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment