Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cut and Paste from Malaysian Insider

I find it very difficult to keep up with the work and at the same time doing things I like to do. One of it is updating my journal here. However, today I read a very interesting comment in The Malaysian Insider. Waterlily put it EXACTLY what I felt. Go read the following, uncut from The Malaysian Insider


written by waterlily, June 23, 2009
wkc, excuse me. Many of "us" crossed the racial lines to vote you last GE? Racial stand?

It works both ways. I can still see some elements in DAP that "we" dislike very much. Some elements that show disrespect towards "our" culture and boundaries.

My guess is that you're one of those who say things like "when will Malaysians be like the Americans and accept an 'Obama'". Not realizing that the only 'black' thing about Obama is his skin. His culture, his way of life is all American. Do you think they'd vote for him if he had an African accent, wore African clothes, by the life of me, if he were Muslim... or even had a beard for that matter?

We already have our own versions of 'Obama'. Nizar is half Chinese. DS Wan Azizah has mixed blood too. Dr Mahathir too. But you know what, they all live the way that makes all of us "one".

Can I imagine Karpal wearing a Malaysian traditional attire baju melayu? What's that? Baju Melayu not for non Malays? Oh, and what is the traditional clothes for 'Obama'? Go fly kites wkc. Karpal's group won't even wear a blooming songkok after the GE meet! If you want to be Malaysian, drop all this "us" talk and embrace the "local" way of life like Obama did.

No comments:

Post a Comment