Saturday, February 25, 2006

Anugerah Pelajar Cemerlang.

Hari Anugrah Pelajar Cemerlang Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Tun Dr. Ismail 1 dan Mesyuarat Agung PIBG sekolah. I was wondering how should I behave when one of my children dapat award sebagai pelajar cemerlang when my other children tak dapat? I am scared, by reaction will demoralised my other children. But, at the same time, what would my award winning child feel if my appreciation is not to her expectation? She would want to be treated as a star. I would! Who doesn't? This is a challenge being a parent. However, Kakak, Papa is very proud of you. Very proud! The tears running down on my cheek when I snap your photo while you received your award. The feeling is like, all my difficulties in raising 6 children being rewarded, just by seeing you on stage. How do I explain how I feel right now? I am lost of words. To all my other children, I am proud of you, in you very own way. Bang Long, being the eldest, always get presurred to raise to the occassion. He is suppose to be this, suppose to do that, and blah blah blah. And he alwas did. Not perfect, but who cares? Nobody is perfect. So long you have tried your best. Bang Ngah, the entertainer of the family. Always crack jokes when the situation is so tense. Sensitive but never too selfish to make everybody happy. Bang Teh, always try to get to the centre of attention. Loving and caring. Kakak, what else can I say, bossy but always right. Matured before her age. Responsible and very dependable. Kak Uda, so manja and missable. Quiet at times, always being overshadowed by Kakak. Very imaginative and creative. Anek, talkative and clever. Gets the whole attention by the brothers and sisters. Semoga Allah memberi kebahagiaan berpanjangan kepada kami sekeluarga.

1 comment:

  1. my daughter was awarded an award for best in maths for year 6. i can understand how you felt. it was especially sweet when she did it entirely on her own with only me as her reference person when she is stuck. she didnt have any private tutors, kumon or mind mapping class. that is why i am so proud of her.

    as for me it is event more challenging because i have a son who is diagnosed with mix syndrome of Attention Deficit Disorder(ADD) and aspergers. to balance between one child who excells and another who has learning disability can make parenting even more challenging.

    its true....sometimes it felt ackward to praise one knowing the other seems to fail everything.

    but i always tell my kids, each person has their own advantages and to find a skill and develop that.
    i am moulding them to be each their own individual and to work on their own rather than for someone or an organisation...and yet again, that would depend on what they really want.

    you sound like an excellent dad who is very much involved with your children.

    ReplyDelete